There are several types of flexible work arrangements. Employees and supervisors should carefully consider each arrangement to decide what will work best for unit or department. Options include:
- Compressed work week - A program designed to allow eligible full time staff members to work longer scheduled days of work.
- Flex-time - A program designed to allow staff to work “core hours” with either early or late beginning/ending of the workday.
- Job-sharing - A program in which two people share a position, each working part of the week.
- Part-time work - A work schedule that is less than full-time but is at least half of the regularly scheduled full time.
- Telecommuting - A program designed to allow staff to work a portion of their normally scheduled work hours from a remote location.