Department/Unit Involvement Opportunities
Ways you can participate:
- Host a tour of your office or department
- Present a career exploration program or other activity
- Donate unit-branded items for gift bags for the participants
- Encourage members of your unit to bring a child to participate
It’s easy to participate. There are different timeframe choices and flexible options. To host a tour or career exploration program, please fill out this form no later than March 13, 2020.
Those who hosted events and activities in the past have some encouraging words about the best part of Take Your Child to Work Day for them:
- Having the kids show interest in what we do.
- Meeting people from campus and their families
- Getting to show other parents at MSU what our department does
- Introducing our visitors to careers they've never imagined!
- All the kids participated and seemed to enjoy all of the activities. The parents also seemed actively engaged in the tour/demos.
- The adults were as engaged as the kids, so we were pretty happy with that. We had 3 students from our building volunteer to help with the different activities.