Learn Basic Home Improvement with IPF
This year, many MSU employees moved offices from East Lansing to our homes. Our first few weeks may have involved getting a new office chair, stocking pens and paper, and ensuring we had adequate internet to link us to the thousands of Zoom meetings this summer and fall. We now enter the cold winter months and have other things to consider as we keep our home offices safe and healthy.
Register for Upcoming Webinars!
Click the following links to register
- 3/30/2021: Pest Services
- More dates coming soon!
Watch Past Webinars!
- Seasonal Outdoor Maintenance: Gutter Cleaning (Recorded 3/18/2021)
- HVAC Operation and Tips with Alan Vanderstelt (Recorded 2/10/2021)
- Remote Working Energy Tips for the Home (Recorded 2/24/2021)
- What's Changed on Campus? Featuring Mark Lutkenhoff (Recorded 1/14/2021)
- How to Safely Use a Generator with Brian Powe (Recorded 1/21/2021)
View our library of content below including more webinar recordings and slide shows.
Did you know...
Some MSU employees never left East Lansing! Our colleagues at Infrastructure, Planning, and Facilities (IPF) have always kept MSU buildings and offices safe and secure. Our IPF colleagues are still available to support those of us working from home.
In a Summer 2020 WorkLife Survey (n=916), we asked you to describe the work-life challenges that you are experiencing at this time and 52% of respondents mentioned your challenges involved things at home, your house, your desk, your office, room, space, and/or equipment. The WorkLife Office responded to your feedback through a new WorkLife/IPF collaboration launching in 2021!
About the WorkLife/IPF Series
We launched this new page on our website located in the “Your Workplace” section. This page is called “Home/Office”. On this page, you will soon find:
- Links to IPF blog posts on topics like composting
- Webinars with IPF colleagues on topics like recycling and lawn care
- Future short “How To” blogs and videos from IPF on topics like:
- How to get a backup/alert set up for sump pump
- How to replace furnace filter and general HVAC winter prep
- How to insulate home during cold winter months
- How to reduce and eliminate bugs and insects from home
- Cleaning lint out of your dryer exhaust (fire hazard)
- Troubleshooting smoke alarms (includes testing and maintenance)
These educational materials are intended for you to make the best out of the current circumstances working from home. We want to support you to be healthy and safe. Of course, we want to be very clear in saying: For anything that requires a license: HIRE A PROFESSIONAL!
We appreciate the work everyone is doing from home and we are thankful to have experts at IPF who can support us. We will continue to work together – even when we are distant. We are a unified community of Spartans with diverse skills, experience, and expertise. Thank you IPF for helping us work safer and healthier at home!
Want to request a topic? Email email@example.com
IPF: Mark Lutkenhoff, Christine Leese
WorkLife: Tiana Carter
What's Changed on Campus? (Recorded 1/14/2021)
Featuring Mark Lutkenhoff
How to Safely Use a Generator
Featuring Brian Powe
Remote Working Energy Tips for the Home
Featuring Jason Vallance AND Yuanji Li
Seasonal Outdoor Maintenance: Gutter Cleaning
Featuring Eric Doolittle, IPF Skilled Trades Supervisor