Save the Date!
An annual collaborative event sponsored by the WorkLife Office, Student Parent Resource Center, and the local community
2015 - Courageous Parenting (8a - 1p at Kellogg Center)
2016 - Spartans Will... Be Great Dads (8a - 4p at Kellogg Center)
2017 - Why Fathers Matter: Parenting for the Health of It (8a - 4p at MSU Student Union)
2018 - Faces of Fatherhood (8a - 4p at U Club)
2019 - Elements of Fatherhood (8a - 4p at LCC West)
2020 - Changing the Narrative
Who should attend the Fatherhood Forum?
- Fathers of all ages and experiences, mothers, expectant parents, MSU students, staff, faculty, professionals, community partners, educators and anyone interested in parenting
Goals of the forum;
- Create and make visible a network to support Dads, fatherhood and parenting across complex issues
- Provide opportunities for relationship-building among fathers and with local organizations that support them
- Tap the strength, wisdom and resiliency of people from diverse families.
- Support men in the development of positive identities around what it means to be a man/father
- Provide resources to support ongoing education and networking