In support of the military connected members of the MSU community and beyond, the MSU Student Veteran’s Resource Center, MSU Chapter of the Student Veterans of America, and the MSU Veteran Outreach Committee, have planned the following event for Veteran’s Day, 2018.
Veterans Day Program
This event will have breakfast and listen to speakers from the Lunch and Learn presentations earlier in the week.
- Friday, November 9
- MSU Student Union
- 11 am -1 pm.
- RSVP: bit.ly/MSUVet18
Together we can learn more about our military and Veteran populations to better serve and celebrate them.
Operation Gratitude with MSU Students for Troops:
We are requesting that if you are attending the Program or any of the Lunch and Learn presentations, that you please bring an item to donate or a small donation if you can! All donations will go towards sending care packages to Active Military, Military Families, Veterans and First Responders!
Please donate one of the items listed below or a cash donation if you can:
- Unused Greeting cards/stationary
- Batteries (AA or AAA, 4 pack or fewer)
- Mini Flashlights
- Beanie Babies/Webkinz/Trolls or small plush toys
- Gum/Mints/Breath strips
- Knit hats/Scarves
- Cool Ties
- Paracord Survival Bracelets
- Video Games
- Flash drives
- Used Cell phones
- Gift cards to Walmart/Target/Walgreens/VISA/MasterCard/American Express
- Lip balm/Chapstick
- Deodorant(solid, 32oz or less)
- Disposable razors(pack of 5 or fewer)
- Non-aerosol shaving gel in tubes
- Individual packets of moist towelettes(30 wipes or fewer)
- Hand/Foot warmers(travel size)
- Cotton swabs (pack of 50 or fewer)
- Facial tissue (travel size)
- Mini sewing kits
Amazon Wish List: bit.ly/OGWishList
These events are hosted by the MSU Student Veterans Resource Center, MSU Student Veterans of America, MSU Peer Advisors for Veterans Education (P.A.V.E.) and MSU Veterans Outreach Team.