This brown-bag workshop is FREE and open to all!
Considering commuting to campus for school or work? Not sure about your options? Need to get more information to make a decision that will fit your needs? Join us for a discussion with experts who will share information about services that you could use to get to and from campus and home. Save money, save the environment, and “Be Spartan Green!”
CATA has launched a new ride matching software this past January which gives MSU employees the capability to find fellow employees/students to form a carpool, vanpool, or bike together to campus. When searching for alternative travel modes, users will see the cost, time, and mileage of each mode.
Participants will also hear experiences from commuters using a variety of modes to encourage discussion and creative thinking.
- Biking options – MSU Bikes, the university-owned bike center, can help you better navigate your way safely & enjoyably to/ from campus.
- CATA Clean Commute Options – a free service that helps interested individuals find alternative ways to commute to work; including car/vanpooling, bus, bike, and walking. Learn about the options that fit your commute and the Emergency Ride Home program.
- CATA bus service on and off campus – including the Spectran service for individuals with physical mobility concerns in the tri-county area.
- MichiVan vanpool program – sponsored by MDOT and operated by vRide and Enterprise Rideshare, this program supplies fully insured passenger vans to commuter groups.
- ZipCar - learn about this short-term car sharing program available at MSU and near campus.
RSVP to the MSU WorkLife Office by emailing email@example.com (subject line: “Commuting Options—Fall 2017) or on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/345858292520076/
Questions? Contact the WorkLife Office by phone: (517) 353-1635 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.