- MSU: New career opportunities are always available for faculty and staff at Michigan State University.
- WorkLife Office: Career consultations with faculty and staff who are looking to navigate the MSU hiring portal, update their documents (resume, cover letter), or who seek career changes or advances via consultations and presentations. Contact us
- HERC: (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium) allows visitors to search for higher education positions in Michigan. (see details below)
- Academic Advancement Network: works with all faculty, academic staff, and academic administrators at Michigan State University as they join the university, establish professional trajectories, and move through various stages of review, promotion, and growth. [Formerly Faculty & Organizational Development]
- Human Resources (will open as PDF): Professional Development & Technology Training Opportunities booklet. Highlights the many opportunities provided through Human Resources Professional Development Services and MSU IT.
- ElevateU: an e-learning tool that can be accessed from the convenience of your computer - provided and managed by Human Resources and MSU IT Services.
- Women's Networking Association: provides professional development skill-building seminars once per month and serves as an opportunity for professional women to network, connect, and build empowering relationships.
Career Search Resources:
Michigan State University is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) and the host institution for the Michigan Regional HERC (MI-HERC). HERC has a variety of resources and tools available, free to any job seeker, including; career advice, job search tips, resume and cover letter guidance and a job board for careers in higher education with custom searches and alerts.
HERC’s job board lists open faculty, staff, and executive positions at member institutions which include community colleges, 4-year colleges, universities and affiliated teaching hospitals, research labs, and institutes. The job postings include occupations ranging from campus operations to provosts to admissions staff.
HERC understands that landing the right job means having the right tools available. Benefit from the compilation of tools and career-related resources.
Popular career advancement tools include:
- Simple Search Interface
- Dual Career Search Functions
- Email Alerts and Search Notifications
- Career Advice
- Cover Letter/Resume Writing
- Job Search Tips
- For other Tips, Tools and Advice: visit page and scroll down to view the list of categories on the right side of the page
We encourage you to browse MI-HERC member employers’ profiles, various ways to search for jobs, tips on submitting applications and resumes/CVs, and more. As a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers, HERC’s aim is to help the most diverse and qualified candidates find the right jobs at our institutions. Member employers value diversity and equity in the workplace, including the advancement of dual career couples.
If you are looking for a new career in higher education, start here!
How to register for a job-seeker account and set up custom job alerts:
- Go to the job seeker login
- Click on ‘Sign-Up’
- Create an account following the prompts
- For helpful videos on how to set up your account, view these helpful video tutorials
Additional Resources by WorkLife:
- Webinar: Tracking Your Professional Success